Local lifestyle

November Juvenile scallop dispersion operation  ほたての稚貝分散作業 11月

夏に採取した稚貝は、10月頃には大きさが3cmほどになります。この大きさになると、稚貝を別の新しい篭に入れ替える分散作業が必要になります。第1回目の稚貝分散です。成長するにつれて飼育密度が高くなり、篭に様々な生物が付着して水の流れが悪くなるからです。この時期、漁師さんは、とても忙しい時期になります。

The scallops collected in summer had grown into a size range within 3cm.
Scallops that had grown into this size will have to be transfer into a new basket. This is first step of juvenile scallop dispersion operation.
This is because of the high rearing density causing various creatures adhere on the scallops worsen the flow of the water.

蓬田漁協に所属する「光洋丸」(こうようまる)は、夜中に出港し、稚貝を載せて港に帰って来て稚貝の洗浄作業をし、また、沖に篭を吊るしてきます。篭には、大体15枚ほど入れます。
大抵の船は、2~3回、港と沖を行き来します。日が出るとほたてが弱るため、作業は、暗いうちに済ませます。この時期、朝の最低気温は、10度以下。海の上は、もっと寒い。

Kōyōmaru a vessel which belongs to the  Yomogita Fishery Cooperative, leaves the port at night to collect the juvenile scallop and return to the port. After that the juvenile scallops are clean and hang in a basket of the coast.
About 15 juvenile scallops are put into the basket.
Vessels go back and forth between the port and offshore around 2 to 3 times. These juvenile scallops are sensitive and weak at high temperatures when the sun rises to light hence this operation in done in a dark condition. The lowest air temperature in the morning is below 10 degree Celsius.It is much colder on the sea.

このように育てたほたての90%が半成貝(生後1年半の貝)として来年の46月にかけて、出荷しています。後の10%は、2年目以降に成貝として出荷します。
ほたての出荷には、半成貝で出荷する方法と大きく育てた成貝で出荷する方法があります。成貝で出荷するほたては、来年の2月頃に第2回目の分散作業「耳つり」作業を行います。
90% of the juvenile scallops raised will become semi adult scallops (1 and a half years old). These will be ship next year around April until June. The remaining 10% will be ship on the 2nd year.

The shipment of scallops to done in 2 ways. First is the shipment of semi adult scallops and the second is the shipment of fully-grown scallops. For the fully-grown scallop’s shipment, a 2nd scallops dispersion operation is needed on February next year known as ‘ear-hanging’.

 

 

関連記事

  1. Local lifestyle

    New Year in Aomori 青森のお正月

    During the end of December, most of…

  2. Local lifestyle

    Let’s learn more about Aomori Scallop!

    8月31日(土)、青森市アピオ青森で、青森ホタテについてもっと学びまし…

  3. Local lifestyle

    black currant of Aomori

    青森からこんにちは。青森のカシス生産者です。7…

  4. Local lifestyle

    How to spend summer nights in Aomori, Yoimiya (Fes…

    By K.Yamauchi毎年、夏が近づくと県内各地で宵宮が始まる…

Recent Articles

CONTENT

LOCATION

  1. Tourism

    Autumn Colors and Hot Springs~紅葉と温泉
  2. BLOG

    Soaking up the Japanese Culture -AOMORI …
  3. CONTENT

    Ecological Agriculture / Reusing Utility…
  4. History & Culture

    The Japan day in Misawa US military base…
  5. Local lifestyle

    Let’s learn more about Aomori Scallop!
PAGE TOP